The weather is finally starting to warm up, which means it’s time for some fun things to do in Sydney this weekend! Whether you’re looking for things to do during the day or night, we have you covered. From exploring the city to going out on the town, there’s something for everyone. So whether you’re looking for a day trip or an all-day affair, check out our list of fun things to do in Sydney this weekend.
Catch a screening of
Looking for something fun to do in Sydney this weekend? Here are five recommendations:
1. Catch a screening of “The Shape of Water” at the Opera House.
2. Attend a performance of “Peter and The Starcatcher” at the Sydney Opera House.
3. Take in a concert at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre.
4. Check out some of the city’s top galleries, such as Art Gallery of New South Wales or Sidney Myer Centre for Art and Design.
5. Have lunch at one of Sydney’s famous waterfront restaurants, such as The Rocks Lobster Pot or Port Jackson Oyster Bar
Go on a day trip to Bondi Beach
Bondi Beach is one of Sydney’s most popular tourist destinations, and for good reason. The beach is sparkling clean, the water is clear, and the sand is white. There are plenty of activities to keep you busy on a day trip to Bondi Beach, from swimming to sunbathing to surfing. If you’re looking for something a bit more adventurous, you can try cliff diving or kayaking. You don’t even have to leave Bondi Beach to enjoy all that it has to offer: there are plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance.
Have a picnic in the Royal Botanic Gardens
If you’re looking for a fun and scenic weekend activity, why not head to the Royal Botanic Gardens? Here, you can enjoy a picnic in the picturesque gardens while taking in all the flora and fauna on offer. Not to mention, there’s plenty of other things to do in Sydney this weekend if you don’t want to venture out into the botanical gardens!
Take a stroll around Bondi Beach and catch some waves or take advantage of the city’s many restaurants and cafes. Or hop on a train and explore some of Sydney’s other neighbourhoods such as Newtown or Double Bay. Whatever you choose to do, make sure you have lots of fun!
Check out the opera
Looking for something fun to do this weekend in Sydney? Check out the opera! There are a number of performing arts companies in Sydney that offer operas throughout the week. Whether you want to catch a matinee or attend an evening performance, there is sure to be something that fits your needs. Additionally, many theaters also offer free children’s performances during the afternoon. So whether you’re looking for something light-hearted or dramatic, Sydney has plenty of options for you!
Catch a flick at the cinema
There’s never a bad time to go to the movies, but this weekend might be especially good in Sydney. Here are some fun things to do in Sydney this weekend: • Catch a flick at the cinema: There are plenty of great movie theaters in Sydney to choose from, so whatever your favorite film is, you’re sure to find it on the big screen. • Get lost in a bookstore: If books are your thing, there’s no better place to spend your Saturday than in one of Sydney’s many bookstores. From small independent stores to larger chains, there’s bound to be one close by that’ll have what you’re looking for. • Experience Street Art: While many people think of street art as something found only in large city centers, there are plenty of talented artists working out of their cars and vans all around Sydney. Take a walk down an alley or stop at a busy intersection and take a look – you’re sure to find something awesome!
Explore the city by foot
Looking for something to do this weekend in Sydney? Here are 10 fun things you can explore on foot:
1. Take a walk along the harbourside and admire the views of Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House.
2. Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens, which offer beautiful gardens and a wide range of activities, such as guided tours, bird watching, cross-country skiing, kayaking, cycling and more.
3. Head to Circular Quay and take in the sights and sounds of this historic district – try out a seafood restaurant for some local flavour or check out one of the many shops and boutiques.
4. Walk down Oxford Street for some unique shopping experiences – from high-end designer stores to quirky independent retailers.
5. Catch a show at Sydney’s renowned Showgrounds Theatre – from comedy shows to blockbuster musicals.
6. Go for a run or cycle ride in one of Sydney’s many parks – Darling Harbour, Royal National Park or The Domain are all great options.
7. Check out some of Sydney’s interesting architecture – from old colonial buildings to modernist gems – while exploring neighbourhoods like Surry Hills or Darlinghurst.
8. Get your photo taken with aussie icons like the Koala Bear at Taronga Zoo or take selfies with Aussies at Bondi Beach postcard perfect settings like Manly Beach or Clovelly Cove (just be sure to
Play some golf
Looking for something fun to do in Sydney this weekend? Check out some of these great options!
Play some golf
If you’re a fan of the sport, Sydney has plenty of courses to choose from. Head to one of Sydney’s top golf courses such as Woolwich or Royal Randwick, and enjoy a challenging round. Alternatively, why not take to the city streets and play a few rounds at one of Sydney’s many public greens?
Take a stroll through Bondi Beach
Bondi is known for its stunning beachfront views and its lively nightlife, but don’t forget to take a walk along the sand too. Walk down to where the waves break and watch the sunrise over the ocean. If you’re feeling energetic, head up Bondi Hill for some spectacular views.
Visit Taronga Zoo
The zoo is home to more than 2,000 animals from around the world and is definitely worth a visit. You can see iconic Australian animals like kangaroos and koalas as well as more exotic creatures like lions and gorillas. If you have children in tow, be sure to check out Taronga Zoo’s special exhibits that are tailored specifically for kids.
Take in some delicious food
Looking for something to do this weekend in Sydney? Here are some fun and delicious options:
-Start your day with a pastry at one of Sydney’s many renowned bakeries like Laduree or Pierre Herme.
-Take a trip down memory lane at one of Sydney’s many old cinemas such as the Capitol Theatre or Ritz Cinema.
-Window shopping at one of Sydney’s many boutiques is always a fun activity, from high-end designers like Jimmy Choo to more affordable options like My Little Market.
-If you’re looking for an afternoon picnic option, head to Centennial Park where there are plenty of places to eat and relax.
-And if you’re feeling particularly adventurous, try out one of Sydney’s unique food trucks!