No matter what your family’s constitutionally based holiday preferences may be, there’s a Queensland destination that’s sure to please them all. Whether you’re looking for a family-friendly beach getaway or some exciting theme park action, we’ve got you covered. Check out some of our top picks below and start packing your bags!
The Great Barrier Reef
The Great Barrier Reef is one of the world’s natural wonders. Spanning over 1,400 kilometers, it is the largest coral reef system in the world and includes more than 2,000 individual reefs. The reef is also home to an abundance of marine life, including whales, dolphins, turtles and many other species.
The reef can be found off the coast of Queensland in Australia. The best way to see it is by boat; however, there are also numerous tour operators that offer visits from land as well. Visits can last from a few hours to a full day, so there’s definitely something for everyone. If you’re looking for a relaxing holiday with plenty of opportunities for wildlife spotting and exploration, the Great Barrier Reef should definitely be on your list of destinations.
If you’re looking for a Queensland holiday destination that’s both family-friendly and packed with activities, look no further than Treasury Island. This tropical paradise is perfect for all ages, with plenty of things to do on land and in the water.
There are plenty of family-friendly attractions on Treasury Island, from the iconic lighthouse to the Adventure Park full of challenging activities like zip lining and mountain biking. There’s also a playground, a lily pool, an observation tower and more.
If you want to get out on the water, there are several options available. You can take a paddleboat or kayak out to explore the beautiful coral reefs or head out for a cruise on one of the many vessels offering sailing and fishing adventures.
Whatever you choose to do on Treasury Island, be sure to pack your sunscreen – this tropical paradise is definitely sunnier than you might think!
If you’re looking for a Queensland holiday destination that caters to families, look no further than Cairns. This tropical city has plenty of things to do for kids and adults alike, including world-famous beaches and theme parks. Here are five family-friendly attractions in Cairns:
1. Daintree Park: This UNESCO World Heritage Site is home to some of the most amazing wildlife in Queensland, including tropical rainforest, beautiful white-sand beaches and crystal clear waters. There’s plenty of activities on offer for kids, such as jungle walks, fishing trips and scuba diving.
2. The Great Barrier Reef: Home to more than 1,500 species of coral, the Great Barrier Reef is one of the most spectacular tourist destinations in Australia. There are snorkelling tours available from Cairns that take passengers right up close to the reef. You can also kayak or dive among the colourful fishies.
3. Thomas Island: One hour’s flight from Cairns is this idyllic island with 115 kilometres of pristine coastline and stunning sand dunes. Stand at the top of Mount Wellington and watch the sun set over the rugged Coral Sea coastline. There are plenty of trails to explore on Thomas Island – perfect for a day hike with your whole family.
4. Wet ‘n’ Wild Waterworld: For a wet (and wild) day out with your family, head to Wet ‘n’ Wild Waterworld
Brisbane is a popular holiday destination for families. It has many attractions and activities to enjoy, including theme parks, beaches, shopping centres, and museums. Brisbane also offers plenty of nightlife options for those who want to party late into the night. accommodation in Brisbane ranges from budget hotels to luxurious resorts.
The Gold Coast
The Gold Coast is a buzzing city with plenty to offer families. From family-friendly theme parks to seaside towns, the Gold Coast has something for everyone. Here are some of our favorites:
SeaWorld Australia – This amusement park is perfect for kids who love wildlife and rides. There’s something for everyone, from the wild coaster to the interactive exhibits.
Disney World – Another top recommendation from our team is Disney World. While it can be pricey, this theme park features some of the best rides in the world and great family-friendly dining options. It’s easy to spend days here without even leaving the grounds!
Cairns — One of the most popular beach towns on The Gold Coast, Cairns offers a range of activities and attractions to enjoy with your family. Head out to sea kayaking or snorkeling, explore rainforest trails, or take a ride on one of Cairns’ famous ferris wheels.
Townsville is a city located on the east coast of Queensland, Australia. It is the largest city in north Queensland and has a population of over 237,000 people. The city offers many recreational and entertainment opportunities for families.
Some popular tourist attractions in Townsville include the Reef Walk, North Stradbroke Island, Magnetic Island Museum, Caloundra Zoo, Magnetic Island Golf Club and Townsville Aquarium. There are also several children’s theme parks available in the area including Dreamworld and Wet ‘n’ Wild. The city has plenty of shopping centres and restaurants to choose from as well.
The Sunshine Coast
The Sunshine Coast is a perfect place to spend a family holiday. The region has plenty of activities and attractions to keep the kids entertained, while the adults can enjoy some tranquility and relaxation. Here are four great places to visit on the Sunshine Coast:
1. Caloundra – home to delicious local food, beautiful beaches, and plenty of fun things for the kids, Caloundra is a great place for families to stay. There are plenty of parks and playgrounds close by for the little ones to explore, and there are also plenty of shops and restaurants where parents can get some much-needed rest.
2. Mooloolah – Mooloolah is a laid-back beach town with stunning views of the water at every turn. There’s plenty here for everyone – beautiful white sand beaches, crystal clear waters, boutique shopping and restaurants galore. If you’re looking for something more active then head over to nearby Beerwah or Noosa where you’ll find world-class surfing spots and championship golf courses waiting to be explored.
3. Coolum – One of Australia’s most popular beachside towns, Coolum is perfect for all kinds of families thanks its wide range of attractions including an amusement park, water park, ice rink and Kids Kingdom (a children’s theme park). There’s also loads of shopping available in Coolum Village including funky boutiques, jewellery stores and fashion outlets perfect for stocking up on souvenirs before