things to do in cairns with family
Cairns is an amazing place to visit with the family. With plenty of things to do and see, it’s hard to know where to start. In this blog post, we’ve compiled a list of things to do in Cairns with the family. From swimming at the beach to visiting local attractions, there’s something for everyone on our list!
Cairns is a great place to visit with family
If you’re looking for a place to explore while in Cairns with your family, there are plenty of things to do! From checking out the city’s top tourist destinations like the Cairns Esplanade and the Reef Aquarium to exploring regional attractions like Barron Falls and McKinlay State Forest, there’s something for everyone. Here are five of our favorite ideas:
1. Visit the Cairns Esplanade – This well-known tourist spot features a variety of restaurants and shops, making it a great place to spend an afternoon with family.
2. Check out the Reef Aquarium – home to more than 2,500 animals from around the world, this attraction is perfect for kids who love learning about different species of creatures.
3. Take a spin on Barron Falls – one of southern Queensland’s most impressive waterfalls, which can be seen from many points around the city.
4. Head out into the bush for some exploration at McKinlay State Forest – home to rainforest and tropical wildlife including kangaroos and koalas.
5. Enjoy local cuisine at one of Cairns’ many unique restaurants – from Thai curries to pizza shops, there’s something for everyone to enjoy during their stay in the city.
Activitiesfamily-friendly in Cairns
1. Take a walk in the CBD. There are plenty of family-friendly cafes and shops to explore, as well as some beautiful parks to take a break in.
2. Check out the cairns zoo. It’s home to a range of exciting animals, and there are plenty of trails for kids to follow.
3. Go fishing in one of the many rivers that flow through the city. Kids will love trying their hand at reeling in fresh fish from the water.
4. Catch a show at one of Cairns’ vibrant theatres – there’s something for everyone here!
5. Head to Cairns Beach for some sandcastle building fun, or head out into the surrounding bushland for an adventure hike or picnic lunch.
Things to do in Cairns with the kids
If you’re looking for things to do in Cairns with the kids, look no further! Here are some fun ideas that will keep them entertained and happy.
1. Take a walk around the CBD – there’s plenty of things to see and do here, from shopping at popular outlets like Kmart and Woolworths to grabbing a bite at one of the many restaurants dotting the streets.
2. Head down to Horseshoe Bay – this stunning bay is perfect for a lazy day by the water, with plenty of beachfront cafes and restaurants available to stop by for lunch or dinner.
3. Head out into the rainforest – this beautiful area is perfect for exploring on your own, or taking a guided tour if you’re feeling adventuresome. There’s also plenty of easy-to-find animal sightings to be had!
4. Check out the local museums – whether it’s the Maritime Museum or Cairns Tropical World Museum, there’s sure to be something interesting on offer for kids of all ages. And don’t forget about our world-renowned natural wonders like the Great Barrier Reef and Kennedy Falls!
What to eat while in Cairns
While in Cairns, there are a few things to eat that everyone will love. Try out one of the local seafood restaurants and enjoy some fresh catch. If you’re looking for something a little more substantial, head over to one of the cafes and grab a bite to eat. For dessert, try out one of the delicious cupcakes or cakes at one of the local bakeries. With so much to do in Cairns, it’s hard not to find something to your liking!
Things to do in Cairns with Kids
Activities for kids in Cairns include:
-Visit the Cairns Aquarium where you can see tropical fish and coral up close
-Take a walk through the rainforest or explore the Butterfly Habitat at Mount Whitfield National Park
-View the Aboriginal art and artifacts at The Rocking Horse Gallery
-Play at The Wave Pool, go swimming in the freshwater creek or catch a wave at The Beach
-Marvel at Queensland’s largest collection of lorikeets at Sunset Wildlife Park
-Attend puppet shows, tea parties, play zoo or have a picnic on one of Cairns’ many parks
Things to do in Cairns with the Family
When in Cairns, there are many things to do with the family! Here are a few ideas:
1. Take a walk around the lagoon – This is a great place to take a walk with the kids and see all of the ducks and fish. There is also a playground nearby if you need to take a break.
2. Check out the Maritime Museum – This museum has an amazing collection of maritime artifacts dating back to the 1800s. It’s definitely worth spending some time here if you’re interested in history or boats!
3. Visit Kuranda – This is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Cairns, and for good reason! The views from up top are simply stunning, and there’s so much to do inside too! You can visit the zoo, go on rides, or just wander around taking it all in.
4. Go shopping at Wickham Park – This is one of my favorite places to shop with my family because there’s always something new to see and buy! There’s also a great playground nearby if you need some down time after shopping.
5. Catch a show at The Tivoli – This theater is perfect for families who want to catch a show without having to spend too much money. There are usually lots of kid-friendly shows available, and you can even bring your food into the theater if you want (just make sure it
Cairns is a city that has something for everyone, whether you’re looking to enjoy the beachfront or take in some of the attractions that Cairns has to offer. There are plenty of things to do with your family in Cairns – from checking out some of the city’s top tourist spots, to taking a day trip outside of town. Make sure to check out our list of things to do in cairns with family and see which would be perfect for your next family outing!