Coffs Harbour is a beautiful place with plenty of things to do for free. In this blog post, we’ll highlight some of the best free activities that you can enjoy in Coffs Harbour. From exploring the heritage-rich town centre to checking out one of Australia’s most popular beaches, there are plenty of ways to spend your time without spending a cent. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and experience Coffs Harbour for yourself!
Coffs Harbour is a great place to visit if you’re looking for a relaxing weekend away
Coffs Harbour is a great place to visit if you’re looking for a relaxing weekend away. There are plenty of things to do here, whether you want to relax in the sun or explore the local culture. Here are just a few of the things you can do:
1. Spend a day at the beach: Coffs Harbour is perfect for swimming, sunbathing and sandcastle building. Head to Bush Beach for some peace and quiet or enjoy some lively banter at Wooli Beach.
2. Take in a concert: Coffs Harbour has plenty of arts and cultural events happening throughout the year, from classical music concerts to comedy shows. Check out the event calendar online or pick up a brochure from one of the tourist information centres in town.
3. Have an afternoon picnic: Head out to one of the many beautiful parks around town and set up your picnic blanket for an afternoon feast. There’s no better way to take in all that Coffs Harbour has to offer than with friends by your side!
4. Explore local history: Coffs Harbour is home to more than just beaches and shopping malls – there’s also compelling local history waiting to be discovered! Head to Blackwattle Bay Marine Park where you can learn about native fish and birds, or wander through the intriguing Old Courthouse Museum.
5. Ride a bike: If you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, cycle around scenic lakes or through peaceful countryside on one of the
There are plenty of things to do in Coffs Harbour free of charge, including swimming, fishing, surfing and hiking
Coffs Harbour is a great place to spend a day or two if you want to relax and enjoy some free activities. There are plenty of things to do in Coffs Harbour free of charge, including swimming, fishing, surfing and hiking. The harbour has a range of accommodation options from budget-friendly motels to luxurious resorts. You can also find plenty of restaurants and cafes offering everything from breakfast to dinner. Whether you’re looking for something active or relaxing, Coffs Harbour has something for everyone.
If you’re looking for more activities to do, check out the local festivals or events that are happening in Coffs Harbour throughout the year
Coffs Harbour is a fantastic place to spend a day or two, but if you’re looking for more activities to do, check out the local festivals or events that are happening in Coffs Harbour throughout the year. Here are just a few of the events you can attend this year:
Coffs Harbour Folk Festival: Held over three days in late February and early March, the Coffs Harbour Folk Festival is a celebration of all things folk music. There’s something for everyone at this festival, with performances from local and international artists alike.
Festival of Arts: Held over four days in mid-March, the Festival of Arts is an annual event that showcases talented local artists and craftsmen. There’s something for everyone at this festival, with art exhibitions, food stalls, live music and children’s activities on offer.
Coffs Harbour Maritime Museum Open Day: Held on the third Sunday of every month from 9am to 3pm from July to November, the Coffs Harbour Maritime Museum Open Day provides visitors with the opportunity to explore the museum’s exhibits free of charge. This free event is also a great chance to meet some of the museum’s staff and learn more about its history and collections.
If you’re looking for more activities to do in Coffs Harbour throughout the year, be sure to check out these events!
Coffs Harbour CBD
If you’re looking for something to do in Coffs Harbour that doesn’t require spending a fortune, there are plenty of things to do in the CBD free of charge. Here are five places to start:
1. Take a walk down the main street and check out the restaurants and boutique stores.
2. Catch a show at one of the local theatres.
3. Visit the Maritime Museum or the Regional Gallery.
4. Have a look around Government House, which is open to the public from Monday-Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-12noon.
5. Have a wander along the harbourfront promenade and take in some of Coffs Harbour’s beautiful scenery.
Coffs Harbour beaches
If you’re looking for a fun-filled day in Coffs Harbour, head to the beach. Head to North Jetty beach, where you can rent a sun lounger and enjoy the stunning views of the harbour. Or head to South Jetty beach, which has plenty of sand and is perfect for a family day out. Or take a walk along the promenade and check out the local shops. If you’re looking for something more active, there are plenty of options available too. You can try parasailing or go fishing at one of the local piers. If you’re feeling energetic, visit The Big Wave Beach Resort for some crazy toboggans or snowboarding down the slopes at Snowy Mountains National Park.
Coffs Harbour aquarium
Coffs Harbour Aquarium is an aquarium located in the town of Coffs Harbour on the New South Wales north coast. The aquarium was opened to the public in 1997 and has a total area of 10,000 square metres (27 acres). The aquarium contains over 3,200 animals representing 350 species, making it one of the largest marine aquariums in Australia.
The main attraction at the aquarium is the HarbourMaster exhibit which features 65 interactive exhibits including a glass-bottom boat and a touch tank. Other attractions include the Mekong River exhibit, which features an explore replica of a Vietnamese fishing village; and the Sea Dragons exhibit, which houses six species of sea dragons including two saltwater varieties. There is also an IMAX theatre which shows films about marine life.
The Coffs Harbour Aquarium offers free admission for everyone aged 5 years or older every day from 9am to 4pm. However, there are some restrictions on weekends such as admission is only available from 2pm to 4pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
The shops in Coffs Harbour
Coffs Harbour is a great place to spend a day if you’re looking for things to do without spending any money. The town has a range of shops and cafés, as well as attractions like the aquarium and the beach. Here are five places you can go without spending a cent:
1) Coffs Harbour Museum This museum is small but fascinating. It features exhibits on local history, including items from the Australian penal colony that operated in Coffs Harbour from 1868-1923. The museum is open from 10am-4pm on weekdays, and 10am-2pm on weekends. Entry is free.
2) The Library This beautiful building features lovely gardens and stunning architecture. It’s home to the Coffs Harbour Regional Library, which offers access to books, periodicals, DVDs, and audio books. The library is open Monday-Thursday 9am-9pm, Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday 10am-5pm, and Sunday 11am-4pm. There is no admission fee for visitors using library resources.
3) Williamstown Pier This pier is one of the most popular spots in town thanks to its easy access to the water and its wide range of marine services offered (from fishing to swimming). You can take a walk or ride an amusement park ride at the pier (both options have an admission fee), or explore the shops and restaurants that line its length.
4) The aquarium If you
The restaurants in Coffs Harbour
Coffs Harbour is a charming seaside town with plenty of things to do for free. There are plenty of restaurants in Coffs Harbour to choose from, so you can relax and enjoy your time here. If you’re looking for something specific to do, be sure to check out the visitor centre’s website or ask at the tourist information desk. You can also take a walk along the seashore or go fishing on one of the many lakes in the area.
Looking for things to do in Coffs Harbour while you’re free? Well, I’ve got just the list for you! From swimming at the beach to soaking up the sun at a park, there are plenty of activities and places to visit in Coffs Harbour that won’t cost a cent. So whether you’re looking for something relaxing or something more active, be sure to check out our list of things to do in Coffs Harbour for free.