things to do in gold coast for free
When you think of the Gold Coast, what springs to mind? beaches, surfing, and of course, luxury hotels. But did you know that the city has a whole lot more to offer than just those tourist attractions? From galleries and cultural events to festivals and nightclubs, there are plenty of things to do in the Gold Coast without spending a penny. So whether you’re looking for a day out or an entire weekend away, read on for some great ideas.
Find out about the history of gold coast
GOLD COAST – A SYMBOL OF AUSTRALIA
Known as the Gold Coast, this lush and beautiful region of Queensland is rightly famed for its incredible natural beauty. With miles and miles of golden sand beaches, crystal-clear oceans, and lush rainforest, visitors can explore everything from world-renowned surf spots to dramatic vineyard tours. But that’s not all – there are plenty of interesting things to do in Gold Coast without spending a cent. From historical attractions like the iconic Cairns Post Office and Parliament House to fun day trips like the Dreamworld theme park and the Tropical Islands cruise ship terminal, it’s easy to get your fill of activities on this lively strip of coast. So why wait? Come take a look for yourself!
Explore the city centre
Looking for things to do in the beautiful city of Gold Coast? fear not, as there are plenty of free things to do in the city centre! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Walk or cycle around the harbour – The harbour is a beautiful and serene place to walk or cycle around, and there are plenty of routes to choose from. You can also take a boat trip on one of the many boats docked in the harbour.
2. Take a tour of the Parliament House – If you’re interested in history, then make sure you visit Parliament House. This beautiful building is home to some amazing historical artefacts, and it’s also fascinating to learn about how government works in Australia. It’s worth taking a guided tour if you can find one.
3. Check out the local art scene – If you’re into art, then be sure to check out the local art scene in Gold Coast. There are many art galleries and museums located throughout the city centre, so it’s definitely worth exploring them all!
4. Have some coffee at one of Gold Coast’s many cafes – Coffee is definitely an Yummy Thing®, so be sure to enjoy some coffee at one of Gold Coast’s many cafes while you explore the city centre. There are lots of great places to find coffee close to where you’re staying, so take your pick!
Visit the beaches
Looking for things to do in Gold Coast without spending a cent? Check out our list of free attractions! From beautiful beaches to lively nightlife, there’s plenty to keep you occupied on your trip!
Start your day at Surfers Paradise Beach, where you can spend hours lounging on the white sand and surfing in the waves. If you’re feeling active, head over to nearby Cavill Avenue for some beach cricket or a bike ride.
If you’re looking for a little more excitement, check out the local nightlife scene. From dance clubs to pubs and restaurants, there’s something for everyone in this city full of fun-seekers.
And if book time becomes an issue, don’t worry – many of these attractions are open all day long! So whether you want to take in the sun or hit the town, we’ve got you covered. Ready to explore? Let’s go!
See the famous landmarks
If you’re looking for a place to enjoy the sun and stunning views, look no further than Gold Coast. Here are five attractions that you can visit for free:
1. The Spit At Broadbeach
This popular beachfront spot offers gorgeous views of the Pacific Ocean as well as plenty of activities to keep you entertained. You can take in the sunset over the water or surf while listening to music from local musicians. There’s also a range of restaurants and cafes available nearby if you get hungry.
2. The zoo at Southport
If you love animals, head to Southport zoo for some fun animal encounters. You’ll be able to see Australian wildlife such as kangaroos, wallabies, and wombats up close. There’s also a petting zoo, playgrounds for kids, and BBQ areas for visitors to enjoy their food.
3. Surfers Paradise
If you’re in the mood for some serious waves, check out Surfers Paradise – one of Australia’s most popular surfing spots. You’ll find plenty of places to stay (from budget accommodation to high-end resorts), as well as restaurants and shops galore. If swimming isn’t your thing, head over to Movieworld at Paradise Beach where you can watch movies on the big screen outdoors under the stars!
4. Stanley Park
Stanley Park is one of Vancouver’s most popular tourist destinations, with stunning coastal views and plenty of things to do
Find out about local festivals and events
When you’re looking for something to do in Gold Coast, there are plenty of free events and festivals to choose from. Here are just a few:
Gold Coast Easter Festival – Held annually at Surfers Paradise, the Easter Festival features traditional Easter activities such as egg hunts and hay rides. There’s also live music and lots of food options available.
Gold Coast Jazz Festival – Held every November at The Pier, the Gold Coast Jazz Festival is one of the region’s most popular cultural events. It features top-name jazz performers from all over Australia and overseas, as well as workshops, lectures and jam sessions.
Surf Life Saving Queensland Annual Beach Clean-Up – Held on the first Saturday in December each year, this event sees volunteers collect rubbish from around the coastlines of Surfers Paradise and Southport. All materials collected during the clean-up are donated to local charities.
Conclude your trip by enjoying some delicious local food
If you’re feeling nostalgic and want to close out your trip on a high note, there’s no better way than enjoying some local food. Whether you’re in the mood for seafood or something more hearty, these places will have you full and happy.
1. The Fish Market at Southport: This family-owned business is known for its fresh seafood, which you can enjoy either cooked or raw. It’s also got a wide selection of drinks, so you can make the most of your visit while taking in the sights and sounds of Southport.
2. Yum Cha House: This restaurant is perfect if you’re looking for something sweet and savory at the same time. Its menu features items like chicken rice soup with crispy pork belly, steamed dumplings in soy sauce, and lychees with sticky rice. Plus, it offers both take-out and indoor seating so you can choose whichever fits your schedule best.
3. The Spitfire Fish Bar & Grill: If seafood isn’t your thing, don’t worry! This place has plenty of options for meat lovers too, including burgers, steak tacos, salmon fillets wrapped in prosciutto, and even lobster bisque served over creamy mashed potatoes. Plus, it has an outdoor patio perfect for enjoying a sunny day or watching the sunset.