When you’re looking for things to do in Gold Coast on a budget, it can be hard to know where to start. After all, this is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world! To make things easier for you, we’ve put together a list of some of the best things to do in Gold Coast on a budget. From attractions to restaurants and more, be sure to check it out!
Things to do on the Gold Coast on a Budget
If your budget doesn’t allow for much luxury, check out some of the Gold Coast’s budget-friendly attractions. Head to Surfers Paradise for its wide range of watersports and theme parks, or try Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary for a wildlife-viewing experience without spending a fortune. If you’re looking to explore the cityscape, head to the CBD where you’ll find plenty of boutiques and cafes as well as art exhibits and concerts. Whatever you do, make sure to take advantage of Gold Coast’s sunny weather – perfect for enjoying waterfront activities or strolling along the beachfront.
Things to Do in Surfers Paradise
If you’re looking for things to do in Surfers Paradise on a budget, here are some ideas:
-Visit the local beaches: You can find great beaches all around Surfers Paradise, including Pt. Goldsmith, Currumbin Beach and Main Beach.
-Take a walk along the shoreline: There are plenty of paths that lead right down to the water’s edge, perfect for a casual stroll.
-Attend a festival: There are always lots of festivals happening in Surfers Paradise, from music festivals to film festivals to agricultural shows. Check out the calendar online or at the tourist information centre for more information.
-Eat at one of the town’s many cafes and restaurants: From simple cafes serving up classic burgers and sandwiches to seafood restaurants with views of the ocean, there’s sure to be something for everyone.
Things to do in Brisbane
1. Visit the Brisbane Aquarium – This aquarium is a great place to see some of the ocean’s most interesting creatures up close. There are plenty of exhibits to explore, and it’s kid-friendly too!
2. Take a walk along the river – The Brisbane River runs through the heart of the city, and it’s a great way to take in some of Brisbane’s stunning scenery. There are several paths along the river with beautiful sights on both sides.
3. Catch a show at the QPAC – One of Brisbane’s oldest and most popular theatres, QPAC features a wide range of performing arts events throughout the year. From comedy shows to opera performances, there’s something for everyone at QPAC.
4. Explore South Bank – This part of town is home to loads of attractions, including two iconic bridges (Southbank Bridge and Queens Wharf Bridge). Just across Queens Wharf is one of Brisbane’s most popular shopping districts, South Bank Village.
5. Check out some local art – Head down to South Bank Village or one of Brisbane’s other cultural hotspots for some delicious food and Interesting artwork from local artists.
Things to do in Cairns
There is so much to do in Cairns that it can be hard to know where to start. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Take a walk around the central business district and check out the famous Port Douglas Harbour.
2. Head out to the beaches on the east coast, such as Green Island, Trinity Beach and Whitehaven Beach.
3. Catch a show at one of Cairns’ many theatres – there are plenty of exciting plays, musicals and comedy shows on offer throughout the year.
4. Take a trip out to Cape Tribulation or Hinterland National Park for some great bushwalking and wildlife viewing opportunities.
5. Explore Cairns’ vibrant food scene by dining at some of its top restaurants, including Bacchus at The Reef Resort and Bistro 193 at The Strand Hotel & Casino.
Things to do in Townsville
If you’re looking for a little fun without breaking the bank, head to one of Townsville’s many lively pub districts. You can soak up the atmosphere of these local watering holes with some classic pub grub or try something new, such as Chipotle chicken burrito bowls. If you’re feeling more adventurous, take a stroll down the main street and check out some of the locals’ favorite boutiques and shops. For an afternoon out that won’t cost an arm and a leg, why not enjoy a picnic in one of Townsville’s many parklands?
Things to do in Mackay
If you’re looking for things to do in Mackay on a budget, here are some ideas:
-Visit the Mackay Regional Gallery. This gallery has a variety of artworks from local artists, and is free to visit.
-Take a walk around the central business district. This area has plenty of shops and restaurants, and is easily explored on foot.
-Check out the Mackay Botanic Garden. This garden has a variety of plants and trees, as well as wildlife habitats. It’s free to visit, and open from 9am to 5pm daily.
-Head down to the waterfront for some photos or an afternoon picnic. There’s plenty of seating available, and you can see the river flowing by while you enjoy your lunch or dinner.
If you’re looking for things to do in Gold Coast on a budget, there are plenty of activities and attractions that can be enjoyed without breaking the bank. From swimming at the beach to shopping at local boutiques, these five ideas will have you exploring this beautiful city like a local in no time. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and enjoy some of the best things to do in Gold Coast on a budget!