Things to do in gold coast this weekend
If you’re looking for things to do in the Gold Coast this weekend, look no further. Here are just a few of the events and activities that you can partake in: -The Gold Coast Easter Festival takes place from Friday, April 6th to Sunday, April 8th at various locations around the city. This event features a variety of attractions, including a petting zoo and a circus. -For those who love food, the 2018 Brisbane Food & Wine Festival is going down from Friday, May 4th to Sunday, May 6th. This event will feature more than 150 exhibitors from all over Australia, as well as chef demonstrations and wine tastings. -The Queensland Jazz Festival is happening from Friday, May 25th to Sunday, May 27th at various venues around the city. This event will feature performances by some of the biggest names in jazz, such as Diana Krall and Wynton Marsalis. -If you’re looking for something a little more outdoorsy and active, the Surf Life Saving Queensland Big Wave Classic is on from Sunday, May 27th to Wednesday, May 30th at Bondi Beach. This event will see some of the world’s best big wave surf
Melbourne Cup Carnival
If you’re looking for some fun in the sun this weekend, head on down to Melbourne Cup Carnival! This year’s event features a variety of activities, including a parade, horse-racing, music concerts, and more. If you can’t make it down to Melbourne, don’t worry—the Gold Coast has plenty of events going on too! Here are just a few:
Gold Coast Film Festival: The Gold Coast Film Festival is back this year with an exciting lineup of films sure to keep you entertained. Check out new releases as well as classics on the big screen this weekend.
Gold Coast Jazz festival: The Gold Coast Jazz festival celebrates all things jazz this weekend! There will be performances from some of the best names in the business, so be sure to check it out.
Australian Open Tennis Championships: The Australian Open Tennis Championships are coming to town this weekend! If tennis is your thing, don’t miss out on the action.
Surf Life Saving Championships
Looking for something to do in the Gold Coast this weekend? Look no further than the Surf Life Saving Championships! Held at Southport every February, this FREE event features a range of water sports, including surfing, bodyboarding, SUPing and kayaking. If you’re an adrenaline junkie, be sure to check out the competition heats on Friday and Saturday. Don’t miss out – stay tuned to our blog for more event details and photos!
The GFCE Gold Coast Music Festival
Looking for something to do in the Gold Coast this weekend? The GFCE Gold Coast Music Festival has something for everyone! This three-day festival features live music from top Australian and international artists, as well as food stalls, children’s activities, marketplaces and more. Head down to Southport this Saturday and Sunday to get your groove on!
The Queensland Fireworks Display
Looking for a fun weekend activity in Queensland’s Gold Coast? Look no further than the city’s annual fireworks display! This magnificent event takes place every weekend during July and August, and features over two million fireworks. Whether you’re a fan of loud explosions or simply enjoy watching an amazing show, the Gold Coast fireworks display is sure to impress. If you can’t make it to the display yourself, don’t worry; there are always live broadcasts available on television and online. So whether you’re planning to visit the Gold Coast this weekend or just want to stay in touch with all the action, be sure to check out the annual fireworks display!
Royal Queensland Show
Looking for a fun weekend activity in the sun? Check out the Royal Queensland Show! This year’s show has something for everyone, with exhibits covering agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry, arts and crafts, food and wine. Plus there are carnival rides, a petting zoo, fireworks displays and more. Admission is free for children 12 and under. So come down to the Gold Coast this weekend and enjoy some of Australia’s most popular culture!
Visit the Gold Coast
If you’re looking for some fun in sunny Queensland this weekend, the Gold Coast is definitely the place to be! There’s plenty of things to do – from exploring pristine beaches and swimming spots to enjoying world-class entertainment – so whatever your interests are, you’re sure to find something on the Gold Coast. Here are just a few of the things you can check out:
Start your day with a scenic drive down the Gold Coast Hinterland, where you’ll see rolling hills and open farmland before arriving at bustling Surfers Paradise. Wander around this lively city centre, filled with cafes and boutiques, or take a break at one of its many beachfront patios for a refreshing swim.
Once lunch is over, head out to nearby Burleigh Heads for some incredible surfing – especially if conditions are good! If waves aren’t your thing, take a walk along the promenade and admire the beautiful sunsets that paint the sky during sunset.
In the evening, make your way to one of the many buzzing nightlife districts on offer on the Gold Coast. From dance clubs and live music venues to casinos and trendy bars, there’s something for everyone – no matter what their preference. And if you’re feeling peckish after all that partying, head to one of the many delicious restaurants in town that serve up everything from international cuisine to mouth-watering seafood dishes.
So whether you want to relax by the beach or explore
Have a picnic in the park
Looking for a fun and easy way to spend your weekend in Gold Coast? Check out our list of things to do this weekend! From enjoying a picnic in the park, to touring acclaimed art galleries, there’s something for everyone on our list. So grab some friends and hit the town!
1. Enjoy a picnic in the park: A great way to get out and enjoy the fresh air is by taking a picnic lunch with you and spending time in your local park. Not only will you have plenty of fun exploring the area, but you’ll also get some great exercise while doing it!
2. Take a tour of an art gallery: If museums aren’t your thing, why not check out some of Gold Coast’s top art galleries instead? These venues often have rotating exhibitions that give visitors a variety of different experiences, so there’s bound to be something that catches your eye.
3. Catch up with friends: No good weekend is complete without some good old-fashioned hanging out with friends! Whether you want to head out for drinks or hit up an arcade (or both!), there’s sure to be something waiting for you this weekend.
Go for a swim
Looking for things to do in Gold Coast this weekend? Here are some great options to keep you entertained!
Take a swim at one of the many beachside swimming pools. If you’re feeling ambitious, take a dip in the ocean! There are also plenty of rivers and creeks that flow through the region that make great destinations for a summer swim.
Visit one of the local gardens or parks. You can find beautiful landscapes and plants all around town, perfect for taking photos or simply relaxing in nature. Some popular parks include Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and Palm Beach Lakes Park.
If you’re looking for something more energetic, head to one of the city’s many pools or amusement parks. Take a ride on the big wheel, go bowling, or try out some of the other attractions available (like mini golf).
There’s always something to do in Gold Coast – so explore your options and have fun this weekend!
Explore the city
Looking for things to do in Gold Coast this weekend? We’ve got you covered! From exploring the city’s beaches to indulging in some delicious cuisine, there are plenty of activities and attractions waiting to be explored. Here are five of our favorite things to do in Gold Coast this weekend:
1. Take a walk on the beach – Whether you’re looking for a relaxing stroll or an adrenaline-pumping workout, Gold Coast has plenty of beautiful beaches perfect for a walk. Head to Broadbeach Beach, Currumbin Beach, and Bundall Beach for stunning sand beaches and stunning views of the ocean.
2. Catch a show at the Surfers Paradise Live Theatre – With world-renowned performers like Lady Gaga and The Black Keys performing live at the Surfers Paradise Live Theatre this weekend, there’s always something entertaining happening in town. Tickets start from just $38* and are definitely worth checking out!
3. Visit Anzac Cove – If you’re looking for a unique historical experience, head to Anzac Cove where you can explore memorials dedicated to Australian servicemen and women who died during World War I and World War II. Admission is free* if you visit on Remembrance Day (25 April).
4. Indulge in some delicious local cuisine – Gold Coast has dozens of fantastic restaurants offering everything from fresh seafood dishes to mouth-watering Italian fare. Try out favourite places like Benares Indian Cuisine for authentic Indian food
Catch a show
Looking for something to do in Gold Coast this weekend? Check out some of our favorites!
1. Catch a show at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre. This beautiful theatre has something for everyone, from ballet to Broadway shows.
2. Take a walk down the beach. There’s always something fun to be seen on the sand in Surfers Paradise or Broadbeach.
3.enture out for some delicious food at one of the local restaurants. Whether you’re in the mood for Thai or Italian cuisine, there’s sure to be a restaurant that suits your taste buds.
4. Go shopping at one of the many trendy boutiques and stores on The Strand or Southport. From jewellery to accessories, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for.
Have some delicious food
Looking for some delicious food to enjoy this weekend in the Gold Coast? Here are five great picks!
1. Head to The Verandah on the Gold Coast for a fantastic brunch buffet.
2. Try out The Boil and Bite Cafe in Broadbeach for a mouth-watering meal.
3. Head to The Gilded Cage on Surfers Paradise for a decadent breakfast or lunch experience.
4. Visit Roy’s Chocolate Factory in Palm Beach Currumbin for an indulgent chocolate experience.
5. End your weekend with a sweet treat at Madame Tussauds in Surfers Paradise.
Finish up the weekend with some fun nightlife
Looking for some fun nightlife this weekend? Here are a few options to consider:
-Hit up one of the many bars and clubs in Surfers Paradise
-Take a walk on the wild side at Surfers Paradise’s infamous nightlife strip, The Esplanade
-Explore the city’s vibrant nightlife scene with a club crawl or bar hopping expedition
-Check out one of Gold Coast’s many theatres for a performance or show. From classical to hip hop, there is something for everyone!