If you’re looking for things to do in Newcastle with your kids, here are a few ideas to get you started. Depending on what you and your family are interested in, there’s likely something on this list that will appeal to you. From visiting the world-famous IMAX cinema to checking out some of the city’s top attractions, there’s plenty to do in Newcastle for all ages. Soak up the city’s unique atmosphere while spending time with your loved ones—it won’t be long until you can tell them all about it!
Go to the Zoo
Looking for things to do in Newcastle with kids? The Newcastle Zoo is a great place to start! It’s home to more than 4,000 animals from around the world, and there are plenty of activities available for children of all ages. In addition to the zoo, there are plenty of other things to do in Newcastle with kids that won’t cost an arm and a leg. Here are some ideas:
-Walk around the beautiful Quayside district: This area has tons of shops, restaurants, and waterfront views that will make your child happy.
-Visit the aquarium: If you’re looking for a more educational experience, the aquarium is worth checking out. It has exhibits covering everything from fish to reptiles and amphibians.
-Take a hike up Castle Crags: This challenging trail is perfect for families looking for a bit of exercise while enjoying some stunning views.
-Go on a pirate ship cruise: Kids love getting lost in the stories pirates tell, so giving them the opportunity to do it on water will be appreciated by all.
-Attend a performance at the Civic Theatre: There’s always something new happening at this theater – from plays and concerts to comedy shows and magic shows – so there’s sure to be something your child will enjoy.
Go to the Movies
Do you have kids who love going to the movies? Here are some fun things to do in Newcastle with them!
First, check out the local movie theaters. There are several within a short drive of Newcastle, and each has its own unique atmosphere. Some theaters have kid-friendly features like family packs that let parents save money on tickets, or matinee deals that let kids see movies for free if they’re picked up before their regular ticket time.
If you want to take your movie experience one step further, consider booking a night at a nearby hotel with a screening room. You can enjoy all the amenities of home without having to leave the comfort of your own bed – perfect for families who want to stay together and watch their favorite films together!
Go on a Trip
Looking for fun things to do with kids in Newcastle? Check out these recommendations!
1. Take a trip down memory lane at the Newcastle Mining Museum. This museum is full of fascinating history about the city’s mining roots, including interactive exhibits and special events.
2. Head to the beach for some sand and waves. There are plenty of beaches close to town for all ages to enjoy, from family-friendly spots like Seaton Beach Park to more secluded gems like Currie Park on the outskirts of town.
3. Enjoy a picnic in one of Newcastle’s many parks. From Victoria Park with its children’s play area and petting zoo, to Coxlands Park with its leafy trails and lakeside BBQ area, there’s sure to be a perfect spot for your next outdoor adventure.
4. Head downtown for some local shopping experiences. From funky boutiques along The Quayside Shopping Centre to trendy outlets in the Central Business District, there’s sure to be something for everyone in this charming city centre district.
5. Explore Newcastle Botanic Garden on a sunny day – it’s well worth the trek out east side of town! With more than 2000 plants from around the world, this garden is a great place to take kids on an educational walkabout (or just relax under some shady trees after a long day of exploring).
Play in the Park
There are plenty of things to do in Newcastle with kids, whether you’re looking for a lazy afternoon or something more energetic. Below are five ideas to get you started:
1. Play in the Park – Newcastle’s popular green space is perfect for a day spent playing games, catching a few rays and eating your lunch. There are swings, a play area and even a pond for fishing, making it the perfect spot to spend an afternoon with the kids.
2. Take a hike – One of the great things about Newcastle is that there are so many hiking trails nearby – perfect for getting some fresh air and exploring some new terrain. Head to Nobbys Head or Blackman’s Hill for some lovely walks with stunning views on offer.
3. Find treasure – For those who love treasure hunts, Newcastle has plenty to offer. Head to Hunter’s Hall or Stockton House for some challenging fun where hidden objects will be waiting for you (or your children).
4. Get crafty – Whether you’re making homemade cookies or building towers out of colorful blocks, there’s sure to be something fun and creative available at any local craft store. And who knows? Maybe your little one will turn out to be a crafts genius too!
5. Spend an afternoon at the cinema – Who can resist spending an afternoon watching their favorite movie in peace and quiet? Newcastle has plenty of family-friendly cinemas open all day, meaning no need to rush home afterwards (
Visit a Theme Park
If you’re looking for a fun day out that will keep the whole family entertained, consider checking out a local theme park. Newcastle’s is home to some of the best family-friendly attractions in the area, including world-renowned Klondike Gold Rush and Splashwater Kingdom amusement parks. These parks offer rides, games and attractions suitable for all ages, making them a great choice for a day out with the kids.
Have a picnic
When planning a picnic in Newcastle, there are so many things to consider! If you’re looking for something outdoorsy and fun, consider packing a lunch and exploring some of the nearby parks or nature reserves. Alternatively, if you’re more into shopping and sightseeing, there are plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance that will let you take your time enjoying your picnic. Whatever you choose to do, make sure to pack plenty of water and sunscreen, because newcastle is known for having sunny days!