If you’re looking for things to do in port douglas, you’re in luck! In this article, we’ll provide you with a list of things to do in the town square and along the waterfront. From fishing and kayaking to museum visits and festivals, there’s something for everyone. So put on your hiking boots, grab your fishing rod, and let’s get started!
Check out the beach
If you’re looking for a place to relax and take in the sights and sounds of the Pacific Ocean, head to Port Douglas. Here you can enjoy water sports like swimming, surfing, kayaking and snorkeling, as well as take in some of the area’s natural beauty on foot or by bike. If you’re feeling energetic, there are plenty of activities available for you to get your heart rate up, including hiking, biking and climbing. And if you just want to soak up some sun and relax in some beautiful scenery, there are plenty of beaches within easy reach of Port Douglas that offer perfect sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters.
Go ice skating or skateboard
If you’re looking for a fun activity to do in Port Douglas, consider ice skating or skateboarding. Both activities are free to participate in and can be enjoyed at any of the local skating rinks. If you’re looking for a more scenic experience, take a leisurely walk along the waterfront or head out on some of the local bike trails. Whatever you decide to do, make sure to bring your own skates and helmet!
Visit an aquarium
If you’re looking for a fun activity to do in Port Douglas that doesn’t cost a thing, checking out an aquarium is definitely a great option! There are several aquariums located around the city, and all of them offer free admission on certain days. Just be sure to check the calendar before heading out – some exhibitions may have closed by the time you arrive.
Another great way to spend free time in Port Douglas is to take a leisurely walk along the beach. The sand is soft, and there’s usually plenty of people walking or sitting on the beachfront enjoying the sun and sea breeze. If you’re looking for something more strenuous, head over to nearby Tannum Sands National Park for hiking trails, bike paths, and nature parks.
See a movie at the theater
Do you love going to the movies but don’t feel like shelling out the cash? No problem! There are plenty of ways to enjoy a movie at the theater without spending a dime. Here are five things to do in Port Douglas for free:
1. Go see a movie at the pier: One of the best ways to spend a day in Port Douglas is by taking a walk down to the pier and seeing a movie. There are several theaters located along the pier, and they always have great deals on tickets. Plus, it’s fun watching boats cruise by while you’re enjoying your film!
2. Check out local cinemas: If you want to see a movie without leaving town, check out some of the local cinemas. These venues often have cheaper tickets than those at the pier, and they often have double or even triple features so you can catch multiple films for free.
3. Attend festivals: Several festivals take place in Port Douglas throughout the year, and many of them include free screenings of movies. This way, you can explore different genres and watch some amazing films for free!
4. Take advantage of blackout dates: Many theaters offer discounted tickets on blackout dates – this means that you can’t buy tickets online or from an outlet store, but you can still attend a screening if there’s space available. This is an excellent way to see new movies without spending too much money – plus, blackout dates always have great special offers!
Take a walk on the pier
If you’re looking for something to do in Port Douglas that doesn’t involve spending a fortune, take a walk on the pier! There are plenty of things to see and do on the pier, whether you’re looking to take in the beautiful view or just spend some time people watching. Here are five fun things to do on the pier:
1. Catch a glimpse of dolphins swimming in the harbor: The harbor is home to several pods of bottlenose dolphins, so be sure to watch them swim by if you’re lucky!
2. Take a stroll down memory lane: If you have fond memories of spending summers at your family’s house by the water, take a stroll down memory lane while seated on one of the beach chairs overlooking the harbor.
3. Grab some souvenirs: Whether you’re shopping for local artisanal crafts or picking up some fresh seafood products, there’s bound to be something that catches your eye on the pier!
4. Find a spot to relax: Whether you want to lay down in one of the beach chairs or curl up under an umbrella, finding a spot to relax on the pier will definitely help recharge your batteries!
5. Get a little bit creative: If painting is your thing, head over to one of the public areas along the pier where you can get some great views and start painting away!
Have a picnic in one of the parks
If you’re looking for a fun-filled day out, why not head to one of the local parks? Here are five of the best places to take in a beautiful nature setting for free:
1. North Head Park
Situated on the tip of North Head, this park is perfect for a family picnic. There are plenty of facilities including an outdoor pool and playground, making it the perfect spot to cool off on a hot day. Plus, there’s plenty of scenery to admire with views across Port Douglas harbour and islands.
2. Fort Hill Park
This large park is perfect for a more grown-up outing. With its well-manicured gardens and sweeping hillsides, Fort Hill Park offers plenty of scenic spots to take in the sights and sounds of Port Douglas. There’s also a swimming pool and tennis courts here, so you can stay active while enjoying your time outdoors.
3. Queens Park
Located close to the city centre, Queens Park is great place to spend an afternoon catching up with friends or taking in some peaceful nature sights. The park has a number of interesting features including bushwalking trails and a lagoon that’s home to turtles and other aquatic creatures. There’s also an outdoor theatre and playground available for kids to enjoy.
4. Lady Musgrave Park
A short walk from town centre, Lady Musgrave Park is great place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The large
Go swimming in the port douglas pool
Looking for something to do in Port Douglas? Check out the pool! It’s open sunrise to sunset and is a great place to relax after a day of exploring. You can also rent paddleboats and canoes from the waterfront.
Check out the local art galleries
If you’re looking for something to do in Port Douglas that doesn’t involve shelling out a fortune, consider checking out the local art galleries. There are several to choose from, and they all have unique collections. Some of them even offer free admission on certain days.
If you’re looking for something more adventurous, there’s always fishing or diving to be done. Alternatively, take a walk along the beachfront and explore the restaurants and shops that line the shoreline.