When you think of Surfers Paradise, you probably think of sun, sand and waves. And while all of those things are definitely a part of this paradise, there’s so much more to do in this stunning city. From family-friendly activities to foodie haunts, here are 10 things to do in Surfers Paradise for families. ###
Take a Surf School Lesson
If you’re looking for a summer activity that will keep the whole family entertained, look no further than surfing. Surf schools offer beginner classes for people of all ages, so there’s something for everyone. If you’re traveling to Surfers Paradise and don’t have time to take a full surf school lesson, don’t worry – there are plenty of other things to do in this beautiful town. Here are five suggestions:
1. Take a stroll along the jetty and watch the boats swing in and out of the harbor.
2. Catch some waves at one of the local beaches or surf spots.
3. Visit one of the local theme parks, like Wave Warrior or The Waves Water Park.
4. Go cave tubing or fishing on the crystal clear waters of Clear Creek Reservoir.
5. Grab a picnic dinner and head down to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary for a relaxing afternoon out.
Visit the Theme Parks
If you’re looking for a fun-filled day out with the whole family, check out one of the many theme parks in Surfers Paradise. Here are a few of our favourites:
1. Adventure Island – This park is home to some of the world’s tallest and fastest coasters, as well as plenty of other rides for all ages.
2. Paradise Pier – This amusement park is full of family-friendly rides like roller coasters and a ferris wheel, as well as restaurants and shops.
3. Silver Creek Theme Park – This amusement park features an impressive collection of themed attractions, including a safari area and waterpark.
4. Surfers Paradise Resort – If you want to stay close to the action, consider staying at one of the resort hotels in Surfers Paradise – they offer free admission to all their attractions!
Go on a Cruise or Ferry Ride
Looking for something fun to do in Surfers Paradise? There are plenty of options for families – from going on a cruise or ferry ride to checking out the local theme parks. Here are some of our favorite things to do in paradise:
Cruise or Ferry Ride: If you’re looking for a scenic way to spend a day, consider taking a cruise or ferry ride. Both options provide beautiful views of the coastline and waterways while you relax and enjoy the ride. Cruises depart from Main Beach and can take you to popular destinations like Pigeon Point or Coolum Beach. ferries depart from Cairns Quay and travel along the Port Douglas waterfront. Both options offer great photo opportunities!
Theme Park: Another great option for families is visiting one of the local theme parks. Several popular attractions, like Wet ‘n’ Wild, Dreamworld, and Silver Dollar City, offer hours of fun for all ages. Plus, many theme parks have dining options that cater specifically to children, making it easy for parents to get food without having to worry about their kids getting in trouble.
Sea World: If you’re looking for something more animal-centric, Sea World is definitely worth a visit. This park features attractions like Shamu Stadium and Sealand of The Pacific, both of which are sure to keep even the most avid animal lover entertained. Plus, there’s plenty of food available at Sea World if you need an extra break from all the
Take a Kayaking Trip
If you’re looking for an adventure in the sun, consider taking a kayaking trip down the stunning Gold Coast. With crystal-clear waters and pristine coastline, there’s plenty to explore on your kayaking trip.
From tranquil stretches of beachfront to dramatic outcrops of rock, kayakers can explore all sections of the coast. Pick up some tips from a local guide and go explore some of the most beautiful spots on the Gold Coast.
Watch as dolphins play in the waves or see Penguins near Constance Bay – you’ll never forget your kayaking trip to Surfers Paradise!
Go on a Wildlife Safari
If you’re looking for a fun and educational activity that can keep the whole family entertained, consider taking a wildlife safari in Surfers Paradise. While there are plenty of options to explore from close up encounters with famous tourists such as the koalas at Palm Beach or lions at Kew Gardens, there are also deeper reserves with greater variety of native wildlife that children will be fascinated by.
Some great places to begin your trip include Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, where you can marvel at huge kangaroos, wallabies and emus; Bundaberg Wildlands, home to an incredible array of fauna including boomerangs, cassowaries and echidnas; or Noosa Wildlife Park which has everything from wombats and wild camels to lion and tiger exhibits.
Have a picnic in the Park
Do you have a summer day free? Why not take your family to the local park and enjoy a picnic lunch? There are plenty of activities available for all ages, including playgrounds, sport fields and natural areas. You can also explore the gardens or go for a walk on the beach. In the evening, check out one of the many entertainment options in Surfers Paradise. With so much to do in one day, it’s easy to see why this is such a popular destination for families.
Ride the Roller Coaster
If you’re looking for something to do with the whole family in Surfers Paradise, look no further! Here are 7 amazing things to do in Surfers Paradise that will keep the kids entertained:
1. Watch a show at the amusement park – With over 20 rides and attractions, there’s something for everyone at the amusement park. Whether you’re looking for a thrilling roller coaster ride or some funfair games, there’s sure to be something for you and your family!
2. Get up close and personal with wildlife – Head out to Wilson Park and take a walk through their natural wildlife garden. You’ll be able to see kangaroos, emus, cassowaries and more while taking in the fresh air.
3. Ride a go-kart – If speed is what you’re after, head down to Ocean Drive and take a ride on one of their go-karts. You can choose between standard or super speed versions, so there’s definitely something for everyone!
4. Visit the aquarium – One of the top draws of Surfers Paradise is its array of different aquariums. From sharks to tropical fish, there’s sure to be something for everyone at one of these attractions.
5. Take a trip down memory lane – For those days when you just want to relax and forget about the world outside, head down to Coney Island Park for some classic vintage rides like dodgems and carousels. (