Things to do in wollongong for families
When you think of things to do in Wollongong for families, you probably think about the usual suspects: theme parks, beaches, and shopping. But there’s so much more to the city than that! Here are 8 fun things to do in Wollongong with the kids that will have them begging to come back again and again. 1. Visit Tonga Park for a day of family fun! 2. Crawl through the Wollongong Botanic Gardens at night! 3. Take a walk down Swanson Street and explore the boutiques and cafes – there’s something for everyone here! 4. Catch a performance at the Wollongong Theatre Company – they’re always putting on something interesting! 5. Head out to Port Kembla and see some of the local wildlife up close – whales, dolphins, and more! 6. Check out the Illawarra Coastal Walk – it’s a beautiful way to spend an afternoon or evening! 7. Take a trip down memory lane at the Wollongong Museum of Art – there’s something here for everyone! 8. Have some old-fashioned family fun by going on a
Top 10 things to do in Wollongong with family
1. Head to the beach – Wollongong’s golden sand is perfect for a day at the beach with the kids. You’ll find plenty of options for swimming, sandcastle building, and more.
2. Take a walk on the pier – The pier is a great place to take a break from the sun and admire the views. With plenty of activities and attractions for all ages, there’s something for everyone at Wollongong’s pier.
3. Spot some wildlife – If you’re looking to see some wildlife up close, head to Five Islands Bay Wildlife Sanctuary . There you can spot koalas, wombats, and more!
4. Spend an afternoon exploring Wooli – One of Wollongong’s oldest towns offers lots of interesting things to see and do if you have time for a little wander around. You’ll find old architecture, quaint shops and galleries, and plenty of places to eat or drink in Wooli town centre.
5. Indulge in some Aussie culture – See why locals love going to The Rocks Theatre . This iconic venue has been entertaining Sydneyites since 1892 – making it one of the city’s must-see attractions.
6. Catch a show at The Star – Just down the road from Wooli is The Star theatre , which puts on performances ranging from traditional musicals to comedy shows and everything in between!
7. Visit Tempe Lake – One hour south of Sydney lies Tempe Lake ,
Things to avoid doing when travelling with children
When travelling with children, it is important to realise that there are certain things you should avoid doing. Here are four key tips:
1. Do not over-pack – packing too much into your bag can be overwhelming for children and lead to arguments, as well as taking up valuable suitcase space. Instead, select only the essentials and pack them neatly in a small bag.
2. Do not leave children unsupervised – whether on the plane or at a public attraction, always ensure that one of you remains with your child at all times. This will help to keep them safe and reduce the likelihood of them getting lost or injured.
3. Avoid travelling during peak travel times – September through March are usually the busiest months for international flights, making it more difficult to find seats and leaving children stranded on planes for long periods of time. Try to avoid these times if possible.
4. Plan ahead – never travel without a plan – knowing what attractions your child wants to visit, where they want to stay each night and how you are going to get there all make planning a lot easier and boost their fun factor immensely!
Top 5 attractions in Wollongong for families
1. The Wollongong Observatory – This is a great place to take the kids for an afternoon of fun, with plenty to see and do, including interactive exhibits and telescopes!
2. The Wollongong Aquarium – This is a great place to spend some time with the family, with lots of different exhibits to explore and learn about marine life. There’s also an aquarium restaurant on-site if you want to eat while you’re there!
3. The Illawarra Coastal Walk – This is a great way to get up close and personal with some of the beautiful sights and sounds of the Illawarra Coastline. The walk takes you past some stunning beaches and coastal towns, perfect for a wander on a sunny day.
4. Kurrawang Beach – Another great spot for families to enjoy some beach time, Kurrawang Beach has long stretches of sand that are perfect for swimming, sunbathing and playing in the waves. There’s also plenty of food and drink options available nearby if you need them.
5. Mount Keira National Park – If you’re looking for a bit of nature exploration that won’t break the bank, Mount Keira National Park is worth checking out. There are plenty of trails available to take you through dense bushland and over soaring mountains, making it a great place to spend a day or two (or more!).
What to eat when visiting Wollongong
If you’re looking for some activities to keep the whole family entertained in Wollongong, look no further! Here are a few suggestions:
1. Check out the Wollongong Aquarium – home to over 1,000 marine creatures from all over the world, this is a great spot for kids of all ages.
2. Head down to the pier and take in some spectacular views of the coastline – perfect for families looking to relax together.
3. Walk or cycle around one of Wollongong’s many parks – there’s sure to be one that’s perfect for you and your kids.
4. Head to North Beach for some delicious seafood at one of the many local restaurants – don’t forget to save room for dessert!
5. Cruise along the harbour on a sailboat or kayak – this is an experience not to be missed!
Top 10 things to do in Wollongong on a budget
If you’re looking for things to do in Wollongong on a budget, here are 10 fun, family-friendly activities that won’t break the bank.
1. Head down to the beach – Wollongong’s beaches are perfect for a day of swimming and sunbathing. The waves are temperate, and there’s something for everyone – from little kids to surfers and bodyboarders.
2. Check out the local markets – If you’re looking for fresh produce and food, head to one of the city’s many markets. There’s sure to be something for everyone at these market halls, from fishmongers to fruit sellers.
3. Take a walk along the wharves – If you’re up for some exercise, take a walk along the city’s wharves. You’ll get a great view of the harbour, and chances are you’ll spot some seagulls or whales in the distance.
4. See a show at the TSB Bank Theatre – One of Wollongong’s oldest landmarks is the TSB Bank Theatre, which offers regular shows playing everything from opera to ballet. Kids will love seeing their favourite cartoons on stage, while parents can take advantage of affordable tickets (and catch up on their sleep afterwards).
5. Exploreparks – Located just minutes from downtown Wollongong is exploreparks, an interactive museum dedicated to showcasing all things science and nature related! With
How to make the most of your time in Wollongong
In Wollongong, there are plenty of things to do for the whole family. Activities can include visiting popular tourist attractions like the Illawarra Coastal Walk or head out to the local beaches. Alternatively, you could explore some of the city’s hidden gems like The Rocks or North Point Park. There’s also plenty of interesting places to eat and drink in Wollongong, so be sure to take advantage of these opportunities. Finally, don’t forget to relax and enjoy your time in Wollongong – some great ways to do this are by taking a walk along the oceanfront or by spending time at one of the city’s many theme parks.
Famous Wollongong Attractions for Families
Looking for things to do in Wollongong with the family? Here are some of the city’s most popular attractions for families.
The Wollongong Coast: One of the main attractions for families is the Wollongong Coast. The coast is a beautiful area to walk and explore, with picturesque villages and stunning views. There are plenty of activities on offer, such as swimming, fishing, surfing and kayaking.
The Outlet Shopping Mall: Another great attraction in Wollongong for families is the Outlet Shopping Mall. There are a lot of shops and restaurants here, making it a great place to spend a day. Plus, there’s always something exciting happening at the mall – so be sure to check out their website or social media pages for updates!
Dolphin Cove: If you’re looking for an adrenalin-pumping activity, Dolphin Cove is definitely worth checking out. This park offers visitors an opportunity to swim with dolphins, which can be really fun – especially if you get up close! And if that’s not enough excitement for you, there’s also a waterpark on site!
Activities for Kids in Wollongong
Activities for Kids in Wollongong
If you’re looking for fun things to do with the kids in Wollongong, there are plenty of options. Here are some of our favourites:
-The Maritime Museum: Located in the heart of town, this museum is home to a variety of maritime exhibits, including a replica of the Bounty ship. It’s also great for kids who love boats and ships.
-Wollongong Zoo: One of the city’s oldest zoos, Wollongong Zoo is home to over 1,000 animals from all over the world. There’s something here for everyone, from baby animals to elephants. Plus, there are plenty of activities available for kids, like animal greetings and feeding time.
-Kangaroos on the Coast: If you’re a fan of Australian wildlife, head down to Kangaroo Point for a chance to see kangaroos up close. The roos are usually very active during morning and afternoon feeding times so it’s worth booking ahead if you want to see them in action.
-Tommy Thompson Playground: This playground is perfect if you want to get your little ones moving and having fun at the same time. It has lots of swings and climbing structures that will keep them entertained for hours on end.
Things to do on a rainy day in Wollongong
If you’re looking for things to do on a rainy day in Wollongong, here are a few ideas:
– Head to the beach: Whether you prefer a sandy beach or one with rocks, there’s sure to be somewhere close by where you can spend your time. Check out different beaches for their amenities and see which suits your family’s mood.
– Catch a show: If you’re craving some entertainment but don’t want to leave the comfort of your own home, try catching a show at one of Wollongong’s theatres. You can find comedies, dramas and other genres all across town.
– Eat out: No matter what mood you’re in, there’s bound to be a restaurant that’ll fit your needs. Try something new or revisit an old favorite – it doesn’t matter! Just make sure to bring along adequate rain gear if needed.
Looking for things to do in Wollongong with the whole family? Look no further! Our comprehensive list of things to do in Wollongong with kids will have you covered from morning till night. From amusement parks and playgrounds to museums and zoos, we’ve got something for everyone. So whether you’re planning a day out or just want some ideas on what to do when you’re down here, check out our list and get ready for an unforgettable experience!