what’s on sunshine coast this weekend
There’s no need to miss out this weekend! We’ve compiled a list of what’s happening on the Sunshine Coast this weekend, so you can have everything you need under one roof. From festivals and cultural events to outdoor activities and more, there’s something for everyone. Stay tuned for more updates as the week goes on!
What’s on this weekend in Sunshine Coast
There’s plenty to do on the Sunshine Coast this weekend, with events taking place in both small towns and coastal villages. Check out the full list of what’s happening below:
-The annual Coconut Fest in Caloundra is back and bigger than ever! There will be music, carnival games and more. Entry is free and starts at 6pm.
-In Buderim, the Buderim Arts Festival is celebrating its tenth anniversary with a huge range of arts and crafts on offer from local artists. The festival runs from 10am to 5pm and there’s also a marketplace open from 11am to 3pm. Admission is free.
-In Noosa, the Noosa Bookfest features readings, film screenings, concerts and workshops over two days. It runs from 9am to 4pm both days, and admission is free for all ages.
-The Annual WaveFest Surf Chalet & Music Festival returns to Novotel Sunshine Coast Resort from 10am to 7pm both Saturday and Sunday. The event includes live music from top Australian bands as well as surf competitions and kids’ activities. Tickets are $50 per day or $150 for both days.
What’s new in town this week
This weekend, on the Sunshine Coast there are a few events that you don’t want to miss.
First up is the annual Garden Festival at the Fraser Gardens. This event features live music, food vendors, children’s activities and more.
Not to be outdone, next weekend sees the return of the Surf Life Saving Club of Qld’s (SLSC) Annual Fun Day. This event will include everything from a beach hoochie koo to a 4×4 obstacle course and much more.
Lastly, if you’re looking for something a little different this weekend check out The Jungle at Boonah. This unique attraction offers visitors an experience like no other with lush rainforest surroundings and engaging animal exhibits.
What events are happening in the area this weekend
Looking for something to do this weekend on the Sunshine Coast? Here are some events scheduled in the area!
Saturday, January 13
Sunshine Coast Film Festival- The annual festival will have dozens of films from around the world. There will be screenings at various locations on the coast, as well as talks and panel discussions. Check out their website for more details.
Kite flying- If you’re interested in trying something new this weekend, consider taking to the skies with a kite! There are plenty of places to fly them around the coast, including Marymount Park and Seagull Beach.
This Weekend’s Highlights on the Sunshine Coast
This Weekend’s Highlights on the Sunshine Coast:
– The Sunshine Coast is home to some of the best surfing in Queensland. Head to Miami or Caloundra for some world-class waves.
– Check out some of the best wineries in the region at places like Wither Hills and Heron Ridge.
– Take a walk or bike ride along stunning stretches of coastline, like at Pacific Pines or Currumbin.
– If you’re looking for a relaxing day out, take a dip in one of the many crystal clear bays on the coast.
5 Fun Things to Do in the Sunshine Coast this Weekend
Looking for something fun to do on the Sunshine Coast this weekend? Here are five things you should check out!
1. Go exploring at The Narrows: Located in Douglas, The Narrows is a 7 kilometer-long narrow channel that was once part of the Fraser River. It’s now a popular spot for kayaking, canoeing, and swimming.
2. Catch a show at the Regal Theatre: This movie theater is located in Maryborough and offers a variety of programming, from classic films to family-friendly fare.
3. Take a walk on the beach: If you’re looking for an idyllic place to take a walk on the beach, head to Maleny or Noosa. Both towns have long sandy beaches that stretch for miles each way.
4. Catch some rays at One Tree Hill Resort: One Tree Hill Resort is located in Caloundra and features breathtaking views of the Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay Islands from its outdoor pool and spa area.
5. Spend time with friends at the zoo: If you’re looking for something fun to do with friends, consider taking them to the Sunshine Coast Zoological Gardens in Maroochydore. The zoo encompasses over 260 hectares of natural bushland and hosts more than 2,000 animals representing 60 different species of mammals, reptiles and amphibians.